Tuesday, August 9, 2011

El Salvador: Country of smiling people.

SSC_0773
El Salvador.
El Salvador is a very interesting country. It was one of the most dangerous place in Central America. But it was in a past. Now it is relatively safe place - of course except capital. But almost all capitals in central America are very dangerous. I think smile is a natural facial expression for people living in El Salvador.
Of course those people complain that they can not go to USA for working, or that it is very difficult and expensive to try to cross the border to USA. It is very unique country. I had a feeling that 1/3 of the population emigrated to USA, 1/3 of the population was departed from USA at least once, and the last 1/3 of population dreams about going to USA. I was told that now it cost 4500$ for two chances to cross the USA border. Despite those complains, those people smile, smile and smile.

SSC_0775
My smailing El Salvadorian friends.
I traveled mostly by hitchhiking and met very good people there. This was the country where I catch first lift ... . Even before entering the country. One day, when I started to hitchhike I waved for the first time that day. Four cars were coming towards me and two of them stopped wanted to give me a lift!!!! Wow. It was strange that as hitchhiker I had to choose a car to travel with...

2 comments:

  1. Emma the black storkAugust 10, 2011 at 11:17 PM

    Go back home already!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am considering it :) It might happen sooner than later :)

    ReplyDelete