Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Lisu, how far will you go?

Lisu is the name of my new bicycle. I really enjoyed exploring the temples by bike and I thought that it would be great to explore a bit Cambodia also by bike. It was not easy for me to find big enough bike. Lisu is the biggest bike I could get in town but still Lisu could be a bit bigger. Lisu is an city bike with three gears. I paid for it 38$ and I plan to try biking in direction to Laos. From Siem Reap it is a bit more than 500 km. It is quite likely that Lisu or Lisu rider will not cope with this road and then they will have to separate. We will see.


Why my bike has a name Lisu? Etymology of this word is a bit complicated. I guess this is a Chinese bicycle and has a label: Letter Express. In Polish Letter is list, and if you remove the final t it is lis, which means fox in Polish. If you want to address fox directly, you can add u at the end. This name somehow stacked with the bike from the moment I first seen it.
Lisu is also a name of Tibetan-Burman ethnic group. I can not excluded that Lisu (bike) belongs to Lisu (tribe) and wants to use me to get closer to his people...
I know, complicated.

I see how far we manage to get together with Lisu. 5km? 50km? or 500km? The only spare part that I have for Lisu is one inner tube. So, cross the fingers that Lisu will manage for at least so time.

No comments:

Post a Comment