Saturday, December 24, 2011

Chicken Bus

CSC_2394
Beautiful chicken buses.
There is great mean of transport in Central America - Chicken Bus. It is an old American School bus which is beautifully painted and decorated. On some of them there are even silver sculptures attached. But inside.... they did not exchange seats... For most of the people it is completely fine since they are short, but I am very tall so initially I had some problems where to squeeze my legs. With time I got used to this small inconvenience. Usually in this bus there was interesting atmosphere. Loud music, packed people, interesting conversations, some small animals.

CSC_2393
Road eagle.
I already wrote a but about my adventures in Chicken Bus, about meeting clowns and about mariguanol. Usually close to the bus stop there were some people entering the bus. Quite a few times I met a people that started their "performance" from emphasizing that God is the most important value in the world for about 5 minutes. Then they started to complain about the quality of modern, fast world. Saying that we eat fried, unhealthy food, we eat Coca-Cola. This junk food together with daily stress cause that the stomach got upset. Then they concluded that it is very difficult to change our habits, but there is a CURE for us. It came from nature, from jungle and that THOSE TABLETS gave as the NATURAL protection and would make us a better human being.
Incredible performance.

In the morning, when I left San Pedro de Lagoon I wanted to go North Guatemala. But on the bus... I changed my plans. There is not so far from San Pedro de Lagoon to Mexico so after 4 hours of traveling I decided to go there straight a way. I got to the border crossed it. In Mexico there is no Chicken Buses... so I decided to hitchhike. MEXICO, there I come!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment