Sunday, January 23, 2011

Deep blue


CSC_2988
This is beautiful "over water"

flower in the night.
Ko Tao is a diving paradise and I went there to check out if I would enjoy diving, as well as to see how my organism would adapt to increased pressure and maybe to do my diving license.This is also one of the cheapest place to get certificated.
Surprisingly my organism adopted very well to those new conditions. I also manage to overcome the fear of removing the mask underwater and during the diving course I learned several basic skills like naturally breathing underwater, removing mask underwater and calm movements.


Our great diving team.
I did my course with Swiss couple Stephani and Sylvian. It was great fun with both of them. Sylvian was an experience snorkel so he was feeling like a fish in the water. He was great joker especially underwater. During our second dive he made me lough few times quite a bit. We also played paper scissors and stone game at the depth of 10 meters. He claimed to be the world champion of this game (apparently in 2004 he organized the world championships in this game). Maybe he was good in the game but only when there was not too much presser around. He might have been a champion in atmospheric pressure, but at the depth of 10 meters, where the pressure was a double atmospheric I was an champion!!!
The perspective from inside ocean is sooo much different. All the colors and all the sound are incredible difference. And the visibility around Ko Tao is just amazing. One can see everything, everywhere on the distance of almost 20 meters.
It is really beautiful below the water surface with all fishes swimming around and all colorful collars. One of the most beautiful picture was when we were on the depth of 16 meters, with great visibility, and suddenly a group of hundreds fishes swam between us and the rays of sun. Wow. One of the most beautiful think I ever seen.
One I was a small child my spine was not straight, well it is still not straight nowadays. But when I was child doctors advised my parents to get me enrolled for a swimming pool in order to work on my back muscles and I started to attend swimming lessons in the early classes of primary school. And this was a traumatic experience for me. At the swimming pool water was cold, there was a lot of chlorine, so it hurt my eyes, it was very wet and unpleasant. The swimming pool day was one of the worst day in the week. I developed great fear towards bigger containers of water than the bath and I was a very resistant student. I guess it took me more than one and a half year of "practice" before I manage to lye on the water and feel that I can indeed float on the water. I still remember this moment when I discovered this feeling. It took me another two years of "practice" to be able to jump to the water at the depth of 3 meters and to swim the whole 25 meters of the swimming pool. That swim lasted for ever for me, probably it looked more like a fight with the water than a swim, but I managed and I guessed it was kind of my own swimming Mount Everest (or maybe I should compare it to swimming Stock Kangri ;). Later on I tried sailing and windsurfing and within the time I developed deep connection and kind of love to water, lakes, see and oceans. All humans are build predominantly from water and I guess diving is a another step of my mutual relationship with this great element.

No comments:

Post a Comment