Saturday, January 1, 2011

Lost on the way.


CSC_2883 
Motorbiking.
Certain items did not feel like traveling with me. I guess that just got bored with traveling with me in such a speed. First was my phone that wanted to stay in Ladakh (by the way I got a new phone in Thailand, but I still do not have my polish Sim card). Second was my silk sleeping sleeve that I left at the boarder police and which one can see on the photo of my hammock. The most often lost items were my glasses and hats. I already have third pair of each.


On the bus to Chumpon I was sleeping. I was waken up just before I reached my destination. Half awaken I left the bus and two minutes afterwards I realized that I left my guidebook in the bus. Initially I tried to explained to the taxi-motor bike to follow the bus, but I could not make myself understood. Finally someone took me to the final bus station but I did not manage to find there my bus. Apparently in Chumpon there are three bus station and I was not sure which bus company I used since the bus ticket was also in the guidebook. I checked all bus station and luckily I came across a very nice lady in one office who figure out which bus company I used based on the name of initial bus station in Bangkok. She also managed to call the bus, which was already 100 km from Chumpon, but would come back the next day. I did not plan to stay the day in Chumpon but it was the only way to save my book. So the next day I rent a motorbike and I went around the neighborhood finally reaching the sea! I had been already five months traveling and it was the first time that I have seen sea! Only than I realized how much I missed it! Now I will be in South Thailand, Malaysia and Indonesia and I will come across much more sea on my way. When I was in India I was called few times by water (the most pronounced call was by  Zanskar waters) but I managed to resist this temptation. But now there is the SEA TIME.

Next day I had discussion with my guidebook but I managed to convince my guidebook to join my travel for a little bit longer :)

No comments:

Post a Comment