Saturday, January 1, 2011

Loooooooong neck


CSC_1514
Long neck tribe.
Initially I was not too enthusiastic about sightseeing hill tribes in Thailand since other travelers told me that it is very artificial, one have to pay even entrance fee for visiting a village. They had impression that they are visiting zoo. But the last day in Chang Rai I rented a motorbike in order to visit White Temple. I visited it from the morning and I still had quite a lot of time. I wanted to see the mysterious black house for the colour balance, but on the way there I came across the sign for the most known hill tribe in Thailand - long neck. So I changed my plans and went there instead to black house.

Indeed one had to pay the entrance fee. I might have been lucky since during my visit there were not any tourists and quite often buses are coming full of tourists. Basically, I was the only tourist in the villages. In this place I was completely not expecting a real village life - this I experienced in Laos. This was more like a theater performance by actors selected according to ancestors. And with this approach, it was an interesting experience. Everyone in the village was dressed up in beautiful traditional dresses even if they worked in the field, well let say pretended to work on the field. Everyone also was very used to be an model for photos. Interesting theater performance.

No comments:

Post a Comment