Thursday, March 10, 2011

Innovative Paris and almost PCR machine...

My stop over in Europe started in Paris. I stayed here with Irena, who is truly incredible host. Some months ago, I have been in Paris with my lab mates: Madina, Drago and Dennis. And thanks to the great guide, Dennis, we managed to cover many touristic attractions in Paris. Now I try to travel on the shoestring budget and I decided to skip the touristic attractions accept visiting amazing Norte Dame and of course the most important lab in Paris,.... Irena one.
During the day I worked a bit on my blog and during the night I enjoyed the night life in a company of Irena's lab mates. Amazing time, incredible French food. Do you know that it is possible not to eat rice everyday?
In France they have also many different very interesting innovations. Two stroke me the most. First, they have shower and not bucket of water for washing. Moreover they have hot water running from the tube!
Secondly they have washing machine!!! I did not have to wash my cloth by hand! What a time saver.
I knew that I can not stay too long in Paris not to take those innovation by granted.
I tried to convince Irena and Clara (Irena lab mate) to send a PCR machine or centrifuge for a trip with me. You know my pipette is sometimes lonely and would enjoy a company like this. And I have a feeling that I almost succeed, they just could not decide what to draw on those machines (there is a Dresden panorama on my customized pipette that I received from my lab mates). Apparently the Eiffel tower would be too cliché.

1 comment:

  1. hai...i dont know if u still remember me..im the one who seat beside u in Air Asia flight when were travelling to Paris..
    Finally, i found ur blog and i like it!!! =)
    keep in touch..

    ReplyDelete