Thursday, March 10, 2011

Best never taken photos in Asia.

During this travel I usually carry my photo camera with me but sometimes I did not manage or I was not able or I thought it is inappropriate or I was not allowed to take photos. So here is a list of the most photogenic moments that are saved only in my mind:


1. Driving in Ladakh
Yea, this was a great adventure on its own. Sometimes we passed other cars and the edge of the road extremely closely. It was very dangerous especially on the edge of the road since... it could have been very long last fly down.

2. Chasing mood avalanche and falling stone over Zanskar river
For kind of obvious reasons I have chosen to run for my life than to take photo of this event. I will also never forget long night under the bridge over Zanska river. About the whole story you can read here.

3. Sun rise while hiking Stock Kangri
I was too slow for my hiking partners and I was too exhausted to take out my camera from the backpack. High altitude sickness hit me quite severe that day.
Climbing down Stock Kangrii, already half way down when two huge eagles flew above me.
Whole story you can read here.

4. Smile on my soul and on my face while crossing finish line of Khardung La race.

There was a movie taken about this event and it was recorded when I crossed the finished line. If it will be available somewhere I let you know. Whole story you can read here.

5. Surprise face of mini bus driver on the road from Leh to Manali when me and Maciek told him that we want to get out on empty road to go to Nomads camp. Whole story you can read here.

6. Great waterfall in Rishikesh. No camera since we went swimming.

7. Great views on the jungle track in Sikkim - no photos since it was raining most of the time.

8. Awaken looking at us roe-deer by elephant in Jaldhapar. Very magic moment.

9. Six people (the whole family) on one motorbike in Cambodia. It is amazing how much can be carry on a motorbike. In Cambodia and Laos local people are masters of the motorbiking.

10. Small child in arms of the adult and adult was waving the hand of the child to great me. Amazing smile on both faces. Happened few times. Amazing approach towards foreigners.

11. The face of the enlighten monk,who meditated in White temple in Chang Rai.

12. Peace and concentration on the faces of meditates during the meditation retreat.

13. Shoal of fishes seen while diving in Ko Tao.

14. Intense rainbow on one side, marvelous sum set on the other - four thousand island sun set.

15. Sun set in Aceh over the Indian Ocean seen from the surfing board waiting for the wave.

16. Lake Toba in rain. Have you ever seen tropical rain splashing the water of the post volcanic lake from the water surface perspective while swimming? If you ever see it, you will not forget it.

17. Faces of Batak people while singing. Batak people are the most musical nation that I came across. They are seriously engaged in their singing and they are expression many emotions on their faces while singing.

18. Fish farm before the sun rise - for the whole night the fishes are attracted to a strong light. Before the sunrise the net is pull up. That morning there was a small wave but generally on the lake it was very peaceful, and very dark. When we reach fishing farming platform the only light was the lam that attracted many fishes in the night. There is a special kind of fishes that are attracted by light. There are very small and there are synchronously dancing around the lamp in the circle. Every day they pick up 50kg of small fishes from one net.

19. Curious eyes of a small boy in the bus from Parapat Siantar. He was sitting next to his blind father.

1 comment: