Monday, May 16, 2011

Brazil cash machine fight.

Did you ever played the cash machine lottery? I believe yes. In Europe the success rate of this lottery, if you have enough founds on you account, is usually very high. But when one is traveling he might start to appreciate every single won game.

Few years ago in Turkey I did not win in this game for the first time. That time it was really bad because the cash machine subtracted money from my account and did not give me any. Since I was traveling on my own this caused that I had to go by with very few money for couple of days and it took years for bank to accept my claim.

This time I landed in Brazil and the cash machines started to claim that I do not have enough funds on my account to make any withdrawn. Well, what one can usually do is to try in other cash machine. The second day in Brazil I checked my card in many different cash machines without any success. In the evening of this day I the carnival was about to start. Luckily still had the backup of hard currency, which I was caring with me through whole Asia. It was still in usable condition and was enough to organize all my carnival marathon travel, basically in the last moment before everything in Brazil got closed because of the carnival.

Apparently it was my bank that for safety reasons blocked the usage of my card in South America. Few days after carnival I managed to get it unblocked and I managed to win on the four digits lottery.... Till the next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment