Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Jesuit ruins

CSC_3331
Trinidad during the sun set.
I managed to get to the Trinidad site just before sun set. The ruins were nice, but the site did not impressed me too much. I liked a lot the beauty of the sky and the upcoming storm. But I was told that at the night there will be a night visualization of this site and that I could enter with the same ticket. And this visualization with the lights and music in the background was truly amazingly beautiful.
It was kind of guided tour, where 15 people show up, but it was possible not too follow it and I could just wander around on my own surrounded by lighten up very mysterious ruins and classical music. It was truly magical experience. Music, light, stones. I seriously had a feeling that the history was awaking and in a moment I will meet a Jesuit's brother around the next corner.

CSC_3343
Trinidad at night.
To the next archaeological side (Jesus site) where I had 30-40 km I did hitchhiking. And I have to admit that initial hitchhiking success rate in Paraguay was astonishing. Truly every first car stopped the moment that I point my tomb up...

San Cosme was the last side that I went. This was a place where Jesuits brought the first telescope in South America. Now there are some ruins there as well as a small astronomy center. I was much more interested in the astronomy center since I already noticed that I was lost under the South Hemisphere night sky. In this site I was the only tourist and I was offered a tour (of course in Spanish) over night sky from different sessions. I was shown many different constellations. Thanks to this now I can find at least the south cross!!!

In the Southeast Paraguay neighborhood, there was a lot of immigration from Germany as well as from Russia. without my rucksack I was looking less like Gringo (tourist) than some of the local people :) For the first days I also interact quite a bit with the local German people, and I found myself speaking more German than Spanish....

No comments:

Post a Comment