Thursday, December 16, 2010

Beloved Laos


CSC_0813
Lao children.
I was a bit afraid of going to Laos. On the way I had heard lot of amazing stories about Lao people, and unfortunately in my mind I created many expectations. I try to travel without expectation and try to appreciate what I come across. But somehow I was expecting to find in Lao great people. I was afraid that I will get disappointed... but finally in one month in Lao I experienced  much, much more than I could ever expected.

One should not expect the most delicious street food in Lao. It is good but much better in neighbouring Thailand or Vietnam. In Lao one will also not find too much comfort while traveling, no beaches, no good roads. One should not be in hurry in Lao. There is a certain speed to sightsee this slow country. When I was bicycling though Laos I had an impression that this was too fast mode of transport... Maybe one should walk through Laos? But walking without hurry.

One can find in Laos beloved people completely unspoiled by civilization. I am sure that I will come back to Laos, there is still the whole North Lao which I would like to discover as well as maybe I will try walking thorough my beloved South Lao?

Khawp Jai Lao people, see you in future.

My favourite Lao stories are those ones:
Ultimate Jungle experience
Amazing day in Laos
Sticky life, sticky rice


And my favourite photos from Laos:

No comments:

Post a Comment