Monday, December 6, 2010

Rubber trees


CSC_9391
Rubber trees plantation.

I went North from Phin. I hoped that the road would be a bit better this time. In the afternoon i reached the village that was kind of surrounded by jungle. I missed my way and had to come back some kilometers.


On the way back I had to cross huge plantation of new trees. This initially made me very happy since

CSC_9401
Young hunters.
I thought that this is sort of re-foresting project in Laos. Later i got know that this was the rubber tree plantation and the jungle was cut in order to plant those tree. I got completely lost on this plantation... to many roads. I was about to return and to try to find the way back to Phin, but luckily again I met road builders that pointed me a correct road and in the evening I arrived to a small village.




CSC_9389
Village in the middle of jungle.

No comments:

Post a Comment