Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Smell of Vietnam

Children.
After amazing day in Laos I continue my trip North. My plan was to reach Mahaxai town. During the sun set I was only 10 km before Mahaxai, with the excellent road ahead. Just to make sure about the distance to the town I asked Lao shopkeeper about the distance. Instead of answering my question he organized me lift to Thakhek, much bigger city 60 km further. I did not really plan to go there but I also did not mind.
I loved the way that Lao shopkeeper organized me the lift. In his shop there were Vietnamese people going to Thakhek. He first told me that I can jump on their truck showing me their truck, and then he asked the Vietnamese people if they did not mind. Of course they did not.

I will not manage right now to go to Vietnam. I do not have enough time to visit all countries in South East Asia and I do not want to jump from country to country only after two weeks. I prefer to see less number of countries but more intense.

3 comments:

  1. Another example of random act of kindness... you are so lucky meeting the people like him almost everyday.. Ania

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Mr. Miko,
    You are amazing :)
    Love,
    Ania

    ReplyDelete