Friday, December 10, 2010

River under the monutain - Konglor Cave


CSC_9734
Konglor Cave.
I survived fishy and bricky hitchhike and I got to Kuon Kham, the city on the main road 40km before Konglor Cave. I was not sure if I wanted to bicycle 40km, sightsee the cave and then bicycle the same route for 40km. This would make very long day. Luckily in the evening I met two French girls that were on two scooters and planned to see the cave next day, and they proposed that I can joined them as a passenger on one of the scooter!!!




CSC_9752
Konglor Cave.
Next day we rode to the cave. Konglor Cave was 7,5km long under-mountain river. One can sightsee the cave from the boat. This is really beautiful and amazing cave. There were only few tourists, so in all places we were on our own, which gave a unique exploration feeling. On the way there were places that water was too shallow, so we had to get out from the boat and move the boat. There was also one place, where artificial light had been installed in order to lighten up the stalagmites and stalagmites. In the rest of the places we had to used our headlamps.

Anne and Helena convinced me and showed me that riding a scooter is very easy. Thank you very much for. On the way back I had opportunity to ride a scooter for the first time in my life for the whole 40km. And it was great.


DSC_9678
Back entrance to Konglor Cave.
We finish cave exploration a bit letter than expected. Initially I considering to hitchhike to Vientiane that day, which was 250 km aside, but I could not really expected this since I started to hitchhike 1h before the sunset not on a direct road to Vientiane. What was my surprise that the first car, small truck I attempted to stopped, indeed gave me the lift... Straight a way to Vientiane!!! This was a guy working in export-import company and he showed me that he was also importing some specialized parts from Poland. Before 10 o'clock I managed to reach Vientiane.

The most efficient hitchhiking I ever experience was in South Lao... with a bicycle!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment