Friday, February 4, 2011

Meeting orangutans


CSC_6140
Half wild orangutan.
Just before landing in Indonesia I decided to go to Bukit Lawang to see half wide orangutans. At the edge of the jungle there is a station taking care about the orangutans. Sometimes they are heeling the injured ones and afterward they are released them back to jungle. Every day they are feeding half wild orangutans and it is possible to see it.
There is also possibility to join the hike in the jungle but I still had my heel slightly damage from fins while diving in Ko Tao so I decided to postpone the hike and observed orangutans only during feeding. And it was an interesting experience.

Orangutans are huge, massive. It was very interesting to see how they are jumping from one tree to another. I guess if one would like to be a Tarzan one could learn quite a lot from them.

No comments:

Post a Comment