Thursday, February 17, 2011

What is your size, Mister?

CSC_8558This question I was asked by a girl in Berastagi, North Sumatra, Indonesia. And she did not wanted to know, how tall I am.
I would have maybe expected such a direction question in South America, but in Indonesia, in the biggest Muslim country in the world, this was a surprise.
I would have thought that this was an exceptional situation if Ohad, my hiking friend to volcano, would not tell me his story. He was in the full mini bus to Berastagi when the 45 years women ask him the same question, followed by the thickness question. Than the women informed Ohad, that her husband that was sitting next to her is a very strong, and that are doing it five times a day...
Different cultures, different conversation topics.

No comments:

Post a Comment