Monday, February 28, 2011

Plant a tree

CSC_7230Earth's lungs are located around the equator, mostly in the underdeveloped countries. Sometimes the main income for those people are the natural goods that they can find around them. One of the goods is wood, timber which they use as a building material for they houses, canoes, or are selling. From the global perspective it is rally bad that the jungle is cut down, but for some local people it is the only way to feed their children, afford their education or pay for a visit in hospital. Are the developed countries supports enough the uncut jungles in underdeveloped countries?

I was told that from the next year oil from the palm is a necessary component of the bio fuels in European Union. Is it good idea? On one hand maybe yes, on the other jungle in many places was cut in order to grow the palms that can produce oil. More world demand for the palm oil will cause a need for more palm plantation, which will be created in places after usually illegal cutting out the jungle. Is the oil palm really so green?

But around the world there are many places that the trees were cut down and were overgrown by bushes afterwards. While being in Silimalumbu I planted several trees. It is not so much work to plant the tree, much more work is to prepare and clear out the ground as well as to take care about the tree after planting. I was lucky that Ratna together with her two employees will take care about this.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks Miko, Now I need to continue the maintenance of trees have been planted, I want to continue my activities and did not want to stop because of lack of funds. there may be willing to help
    now I need help to pay the salaries of employees, I already get help from my brother and sisters to pay an employee, I need to pay one of my employees, USD 100 / month and can send it through my bank account: Ratnauli Gultom, BCA, KCU Bukit Barisan 3830728618

    ReplyDelete