Monday, February 28, 2011

Sounds in Indonesia - quiz.

CSC_8273Every day for one hour Ratna is teaching in 3-5 years old children in a local school. I joined her two times. I wanted to take few photos for her blog as well I wanted to contribute a bit to the lessons.
But this is very difficult if one does not speak the local language and can not sing. The first day I draw the map of the world and showed the children where is Indonesia, Malaysia, Thailand, where I come from, where Ronaldo is playing and from where is coming Maradona. The second day I wanted to play a small quiz . I wanted to imitate a sound and ask children what it is. Ratna helped me to prepare this quize and to conduct it. Do you want to have a try? Of course children had much easier task since we were showing different gesture and we used intonation. Give a try to it, and let me know how many you got correct :)  (answers you will find below).

1. Iiiiiii
2. Ijaija
3. Beebee
4. ueeueeuee with closed nose
5. Mijau
6. Qwaqwa
7. Ssssss
8. Horas
9. Bye, bye
10. Ooooohhhhhooo
11. Kuullis,kuullis
12. Kwek kwek kwek
13. Tilitili
14. Gurkkukuk, gurkkukuk
15. Gukgukguk
16. Whawha
17.Bzzzzz
18. Wwwooooo
19. Hushushus



Here are the answers:

1. Iiiiiii - monkey
2. Ijaija - horse
3. Beebee - sheep
4. ueeueeue with closed nose - buffalo
5. Mijau - cat
6. Qwaqwa - duck or chicken
7. Ssssss- snake
8. Horas - Batak person, it means hello in Batak language
9. Bye, bye - Englishman
10. Ooooohhhhhooo - Santa Claus
11. Kuullis,kuullis - eagle
12. Kwek kwek kwek lodz- duck
13. Tilitili - small bird
14. Gurkkukuk, gurkkukuk - big bird
15. Gukgukguk - dog
16. Whawha - lion
17. Bzzzzz - mosquito
18. Wwwooooo - bear
19. Hushushus - pig


Let me know how many you quest correctly.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment