Thursday, February 17, 2011

Night at the harbor

At the north tip of Sumatra there is an island Sabang (Pulau Weh) which is considered as snorkeling and diving paradise. I went there to experience once again underwater life snorkeling. I was not really lucky with the weather it was raining most of the time but the underwater life is indeed amazing up there. Colourful fishes which appear the time that one puts the head underwater.


CSC_6534I wanted to leave Sabang island (Pulau Weh) in the early afternoon. There were supposed to be two boats. Big slow ferry and fast ferry. I got to the harbor and every one around started to tell me that there is no ferry today. I was travelling too long to believe the news like this from beginning but apparently it was true. The fast boat got broken and the slow ferry was travelling only once a day since the weather was quite bad. I was not feeling to go back to the bungalow on the other side of the island and going back the next day early in the morning to the ferry terminal. I thought much better would be to stay at the terminal for the night. I was there with two other travelers from Germany Angie and Thomas and a biker from Switzerland Beat. Actually I knew all of them before since I took the same ferry to the island. And we all decided to stay overnight at the terminal. Unfortunately they locked the terminal for the night so the initial plan did not worked because we got kicked out from the terminal. Which was very good because we manage to upgrade the terminal to the ferry. We managed to convince the officer in charge to let us sleep on the ferry, which was very cool. I set up my hammock, Beat took out his camping equipment and German couple found comfortable place on the chairs. It was very comfortable and free night at boat. We also 100 % sure that we will not oversleep for the boat :)

No comments:

Post a Comment