Monday, February 28, 2011

Students from Medan

CSC_7341I arrived to Silimalumbu on Saturday morning and found out that the EcoFarm is FULL. Thirty Indonesian university students came to this farm to plant the trees and collect plastic waste for two days. The first day we planted 350 trees in a jungle and the second we collected plastic waste from the Lake Toba. I was also main photographer of this event.


CSC_7328It was a unique occasion for me to interact with local young people, as well as it was a unique occasion for them to interact with an European traveler. There were a huge attraction for e but I guess I was even a bigger attraction for them. It is a dream for quite a few of them to travel and Europe is a dream destination for them. A dream of guy was to built a "figure from this white powder". I hope his dream will come true one day.`

No comments:

Post a Comment