Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Arequipa

CSC_4640
Convento de Santa Catalina
Arequipa was the first city where I sight saw with my sister Malgosia and my cousin Maciek. We walked around the city and it took me a bit to convinced them to go for the dinner and for juces to the market. Maciek wanted to try chicha..... Fermented juice, I did not realize how dangerous this can be but we drunk it. It is delicious so we even bought two small bottles for the evening.


The most impressive thing that we have seen in Arequipa was Convento de Santa Catalina. This convention was a closed congress for females. Most of the women spent whole life in the congress. This congress, monastery was surprisingly huge. Maciek compered it to "the closed medieval city" locked inside the city. We came there in the evening when everything was lighten up partially by fire. This created an atmosphere, where I was seriously expecting to meet a religious sister that would show up around the corner.

No comments:

Post a Comment