Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Peru - very diverse country.

CSC_4677
Cusco.
For me Peru consist of different parts. I experienced South Peru with a great company of my sister and my cousin. Afterwards I moved to central Peru - beautiful Andes, further on to North Peru which is less touristic developed and has some amazing archaeological sides like Kuelep and finally my beloved Amazon....


Peru is the country where one can travel very easy. I did not come across any dangerous situations. The only thing that one should be rely afraid of ... are the taxi drivers in Lima. More of the half dangerous situations about which I have heard involved somehow a taxi driver. I also come a across a leaflet from British embassy which consisted of six warnings points for the tourists. Two first of them involved a warning about taxi drivers. I am usually try to avid taxis, bit in Peru I tried to avoid them as much as possible.

On the other hand in Peru there us the most friendly and helpful police that I came across on my whole trip. They always were very happy to show a direction. In Arequipa we asked the police guy about the economic hostel. He walked with us for 5 minutes to get to the one and then he negotiate 30% discount for us!!!! Wow.

The Peru has also the best tourist information!!! In every major city there is the iPeru facility. In all of the places I was able to find very competent information and suggesting plus excellent maps of the city. This makes traveling much easier and more efficient.

My last day in Amazon I visited community of Israelites. They had big celebrations and everyone was dressed in tunics. I spent the most time with few young guys. from this community. They belong to the same group as my Israelites friends from the first slow boat. Below you will find they three photos:

No comments:

Post a Comment