Thursday, July 14, 2011

Peru dentist

SSC_0209
My tooth.
For all this time I did not have a need to go to any kind of the doctor. But already in Paraguay in Argentina I started to feel inconvenient pain in my jaws. One of my tooth hurt.


I needed to see a dentist. First I went to a dentist in Bolivia. The dentist made a very fast temporary feeling and I was very happy but only for next ... 10 days. Afterwards it started to hurt again. As soon as I reached Lima and said goodbye to my sister and cousin I went to a hospital for a search for dental help. Initially I went up to the dentist who are located on the five floor only to get know that before hand I have to pay for the check up at the ground floor. So I walked down. Paid and come back. The dentist suggested two additional very small fillings and she said that there is a need to take x-ray of the hurting tooth. But beforehand I had to walk down to pay for it on the ground floor. I walked down and up, got an x-ray and she said that I need a visit with the gum specialized dentist and I most likely I needed to cure tooth root. For this I needed at least two appointments which she suggested that can take place in two and seven days. But I did not wanted to stay in Lima, I wanted to start curing my tooth as fast as possible. After quite a few requests I finally managed to convinced the lady to get first appointment the same day and the second one five days later. In this way I could go somewhere for five days and come back to Lima to finish curring my tooth. But in order to get the appointment with dentist I again had to pay for it by waling down the stairs and climbing back it again. I have to admit that there was one very small lift, but there was a queue to this lift and I though that there are other people that need the lift much more than I do. So I have chosen to use stairs all the time.

This was my first root treatment ever so it was much more interesting experience than I would expect. The dentist after drilling a but started to put different metal small wires inside my tooth. Surprisingly thanks to the injection the treatment did not hurt almost at all.

For those five days in between the visit I decided to go to Andes, one of the most beautiful mountains around the world. In the evening I jumped on the night bus and in the morning I walked up already in the mountains. And running up and down in the hospital was a great warm up before hiking in Andes.

No comments:

Post a Comment