Thursday, July 21, 2011

Yacht hitchhikers

SSC_9786
Boat YouYou, optimist and Mikołaj.
What is the chance to meet another long term traveler from Poland? Unfortunately there is not too many Polish travelers. Till now I met three of them. What is a chance to meet a traveler facinated with the sea much more than I am? Additionally what is the chance that this traveler has the same first as me????


SSC_9787
Patrycja and Mikoła.
In Cartagena I met two great polish sailors: Patrycia and Mikołaj. They left Poland 5 years ago by sailing hitchhiking with 500 dollars in their pocket. Now they continue their travel around the world... On their own sailing yacht YouYou!!! Incredible. Yes, from time to time they stop and work, but usually they work involves sailing a boat from one place to another.

Their boat was standing on the anchor so in order to get there Mikołaj needed to pick me up with the small Optimist boat. They boat is small but very cosy. I spent with them only two hours, but the atmosphere on this boat was amazing. it was full, or even overfilled with positive vibrations. In Poland Mikołaj is not a very popular first name, and then suddenly we were two on a small sailing boat in Cartagena. When Patrycja was saying something and she started her sentence with Mikołaj... All three of us were funny confused not sure to whom she referred.

The most important truth that stroke me from this visit was : Remember, keep on dreaming and sail towards your dreams....

I am sure that I will meet them again one day and I hope there will be a possibility for me to join them for a sailing trip on their YouYou.

3 comments:

  1. Well, there was one on your way as well :) kisses and hugs from the gypsy-blooded Karolka :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Traveling around the world on your own boat is fascinating experience. You both are really enjoying your life on the Ocean. Keep Traveling and share interesting memories with us. Thank you...

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice post. this blog looks really interesting and i am bookmarking it. thanks for sharing.
    Yacht Charter Dubai

    ReplyDelete