Friday, July 22, 2011

Peace Corps volunteers in Panam City.

SSC_9821
Peace Corps volunteers.
In Panama I met four amazing girls. They were just about to start their volunteering for Peace Corps. They were going to spent next two years in a small, underdeveloped village somewhere in the jungle in Panama and help the local community with different types of environmental sustainable projects.

Wow. Just imagine, they have to stay for two years in a very tiny community with NO Internet, NO television, NO electricity. This is a great devotion. All those girls were very optimistic and looking forward to their volunteering. I guess they might encounter some difficult moments during your volunteering, but I hope you overcome it.

I talked the most time with Abby, who believes that:
"Truth is to knowledge that a beauty to aesthetic"

Best of luck to you girls. Mejor de las suertes.

SSC_9818
Panam City at the back
and sailing possibilities at the front.
I came to Panama and I tried to find a sailing hitchhiking. I wanted to sail somehow north either on the Caribbean or Pacific ocean side. I set up an advertisement and put it up in the marine. I also contacted a Polish sailing boat that was standing on the other side in Panama: Luka and Tomek i Beata Lewandowscy I did not manage to meet those people personally, but seemed to very interesting fellows. But it was not a proper time for going north. Most of the people were heading south or to Australia. After few days hanging out in marine I got two propositions, which both would involved three to five months sailing to Australia.... I though about this some time, bit finally I decided not to take this opportunity. I know that I will cross the ocean on sailing boat, but not now. So finally I decided to go north throgh central America.

No comments:

Post a Comment