Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Bolivia and La Paz

It is the cheapest country to travel in south America. Only 5%country roads are sealed ones, so the bus road is usually very slow.

Bolivia people protest quite often blocking the roads. When I arrived to La Paz from Uyuni, non of the car was allowed to enter the city. Local people were demanding increase in salary and better roads in the country. I got to La Paz very early in the morning and I had to walk around 8 km to the city to catch the first city bus. I did not have big problem with this although I tried to be carefully since I was warned that I had to cross a bit dangerous part of the town. So I teamed up with other gringos and in the big group we managed to get to the city center without big problems. I felt  huge pity to watch hundreds of local people that were in hurry to get to their work. They lived usually at the suburbs and they worked in the city center. Some of them even run this distance...

I was told by many travelers that there is many things to do in Bolivia, and one can easily spend several week there. I had time only to see Salt Desert, where for sure I love to come back one day. So maybe I will manage to visit other places than.

No comments:

Post a Comment