Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Juicoholic

SSC_9748
Fruits -one day market shopping!!!
In Peru I fully developed my addiction towards fruit juices. This was the country where I have seen the highest number of local people addicted towards fruits juices. On most of the Mercado there was a special section with selling different combinations of fruits mixed with water or milk. Sometimes they even prepare more surprising mixtures like the ones counting beer....


The next stage of my passion towards the fruits I developed in the jungle. In Iquitos I started to buy fruits on my own and prepared my own juices. Usually I made them extremely dense.

CSC_8352
Peru = JuicoLand
My favourite recipe is the following:
1. Take three maracujas (Passion fruit) and two star fruits.
2. Cut it and mix it in a mixer
3. Remove seeds and skin by using a strainer.
This is a sour base of the juice.
4. Pour it back to the mixer. Peal and cut one big papaya, and eight bananas. Mix it.
5. Alternatively one can pour a bit of milk.
This juice is very dense and the best breakfast ever. Mniam.

One day I went for the market with Marava and Matylda and we bought many fruits and vegetables. You can see them on the first photo on the top. I tried to figure out all the local names of those fruits... there might be some mistakes, but here is the list:

Left front, Palm hearts, Oka (cooked potato), sacza mango, Tabeliba, avocado, aguahe (skin fish fruit), potato, makambo ( seed fried), Brazilian nut, chocolate, maracuja (passion fruit) , orange, limons, batat (sweat potato), Kajwa(pepers), gujawa (yellow fruit), Anona (chilimoja). At the back from right banana, papaya, coboazu.
Black -purple - papa morada, on the taperida.

They were so delicious!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment